Suite Living Furnished Accommodations Rental Rules and Regulations
1. RATES Note that our rates are quoted in CAD dollars and are subject to change based on availability. 16% Tax is applicable to all rentals with stays under 30 days.
2. RESERVATION DEPOSIT of $1000 is required via credit card only. This must be received within two (2) days of booking the reservation. If the deposit is not received within 48 hours of time of booking, the reservation is will automatically be cancelled. The deposit can only be made via credit card (Visa, MC or Amex).
3. DAMAGE DEPOSIT – The $1000 reservations deposit will automatically convert to the damage deposit. The deposit is not applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a) No damage is done to the unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b) All debris, rubbish, and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and turned on and one load of laundry (towels and pillowcases) are started. Guests are reminded to please do not leave trash accumulate in the suite or outside, either in the balcony, deck, or backyard. In the event that any waste is left behind, guests are subject to extra cleaning fee at $25/hour to dispose of excess garbage.
c) All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to the departure.
d) No linens are lost or damaged.
e) The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security company employed by the complex.
Damage deposit will be returned via the same credit card that was charged for the reservations deposit. In the case that damages are done to a suite that exceeds $1000, Suiteliving reserves the right to charge the same credit card for the excessive damages.
4. PAYMENT – final payment for the rent is due 30 days before arrival. The payment can be made via email money transfer (Canadian residents only) bank draft/money order (written to Suiteliving Rentals), wire transfer (guest responsible for wire transfer fees), credit cards (3% transaction fee will apply). In the case where booking is made less than 30 days prior to arrival, the entire rental payment and damage deposit is due at time of booking. All NSF payments will be charged a $50 administration fee each.
5. CANCELLATIONS – a thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date will incur no further penalty than the $1000 reservation deposit. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay (minimum stays required), that are made less than thirty (30) days of the arrival date, forfeit the rent payment. Rent payments may be refundable only in the event that the suite can be re-rented at the same booking rate less a 25% booking fee. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. In any case that the suite becomes unavailable for unforeseen reasons, Suiteliving will have the right to substitute for a similar property within the same area and price range. If comparable accommodation is not available, Suiteliving will refund the guests’ deposit and final payment in full.
6. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
7. CLEANING FEE – there is a one time cleaning fee applicable to all rentals. The rate is $95 for 1 bedrooms suites, $105 for 2 bedrooms, $150 for 3 bedrooms, and $225 for furnished houses. There is no daily maid service in the rental rate; however it is available at an additional rate of $25/hour.
8. PARKING – parking for one vehicle is available for additional $15/day, or $300/month (parking fee only applies to secure underground parking, not furnished houses) Please only park at your designated parking as parking in any other spots will be subject to towing. Please note Suiteliving is not responsible for any towing fees.
9. CHECK-IN TIME FOR APARTMENTS IS AFTER 3PM PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11AM. CHECK-IN TIME FOR HOUSES IS AFTER 4PM PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10AM. Early or late check-in/outs can be arranged upon availability but must be arranged in advanced. Late check-outs resulting in delay of incoming guests will be subject to a $25/hour fine.
10. ENTRY KEYS/FOBS – There is a $200 charge for each set of entry fob and key that is lost. In the case that the key is lost and a Suiteliving representative is required to unlock the suite door with the master key, guests will be subject to a $50 trip charge.
11. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – the maximum number of guests per one bedroom suite is limited to two (2) persons. Maximum number of guests for two bedroom suites is limited to four (4) persons and 3+ bedrooms are limited to 8 people. An additional charge or $15.00 per person per night for guests in addition to the limit will be assessed.
12. PETS ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING UPON APPROVAL – Only well behaved, non-shedding, declawed (for cats) pets are allowed in select suites and a pet fee is applicable to all rentals.
13. ENERGY CONSUMPTION – Please help the environment by turning off the TV, lights, turning down the heat and shutting down the fireplace when you leave the suite. Please note there is a maximum utilities cost of $60/month for 1 bedroom, $100/month for 2 bedroom, $120/month for 2+ bedrooms, and $150/month for houses.
14. NOISE LEVELS – Excessive noise causing disturbances to neighboring suites is not permitted, especially between the hours of 10pm to 8am daily. Parties are strictly not permitted at any time. If guests are Guests caught having parties in the suite, they will automatically forfeit their damage deposit and be responsible for any damages to the suite. Guests will be required to evacuate the suite immediately if the noise level gets out of hand. In the case of a noise complaint, guests may be subject to a $1000 fine on top of any damages caused by the guests.
15. THIS IS A NON-SMOKING UNIT – Smoking is permitted only on the patio (some of our suites doesn’t even allow smoking on the patio; please check your arrival confirmation for additional information). If smoking is detected inside the suite, guests will forfeit their full deposit and be responsible for additional related fees.
16. DAMAGES– Guest must maintain reasonable health, cleanliness and sanitary standards throughout the rental unit. Guests must take the necessary steps to repair damage to the residential property caused by the actions or neglect of the guest or a person permitted on the residential property by the guest. Guest is not responsible for reasonable wear and tear to the property. Guest must report any damages or missing items that are not already on the Damage Checklist (located in Suite Guide upon check-in) to Suiteliving within 48 hours after arrival.
17. REPAIRS – Suiteliving will provide guests with a well maintained, clean suite at all times. If any emergency repairs are required, the guest must make at least two attempts to telephone the designated contact person and then give Suiteliving reasonable time to complete the repairs.
18. LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS – Suiteliving is not responsible for lost or stolen items throughout the duration of the guest’s stay and after departure. Please do not keep valuables in the suite or in your vehicle at any time. Any items left behind belonging to guests that are not claimed within 48 hours after departure will be thrown out or donated to charity.
19. RIGHT TO ENTRY – Suiteliving or the owner of the premise has the right to inspect or enter the premise with 24 hour advance notice
20. ATTORNEY FEES – Guests are responsible for all reasonable costs and attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Suiteliving enforcing this agreement.
21. AMENITIES – Suiteliving is not responsible for any outages with Cable TV / High Speed Internet / Phone and any building or amenities and facilities. No rental refunds will be made for any outages or amenities out of Suiteliving’s controls.
22. PERSONAL INJURY – Suiteliving is not responsible for any injuries to guests and/or their properties throughout the duration of their stay
23. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.